Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wash Your Bad Mood Away

Glow Boy!
I'm sure I am not alone when I say that kids and staying up late do NOT mix well!  Little Guy has had more than his fair share of staying up late this summer.  One night he didn't make it to bed until almost 11pm!  This would not be a problem in our household except for the fact that Little Guy doesn't know how to sleep in.  It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed, he is up by 8am, and if I'm lucky, 8:30.   Little Guy doesn't take naps either, unless we're in the car (and we're within 3 miles of home).  I've been known to sit in the driveway with the car running for up to 45 minutes so he can get a nap in!  With the staying up late and getting up early comes a very rotten mood!  I have seen them all over pinterest- those glow sticks and kids in the bath tub.  I pinned one of them thinking maybe we would give it a shot, but it wasn't up there on my priority list.  There was one evening that The Hubs and I had just had it with the attitude and just all around bad mood coming from Little Guy, so at bath time, I decided to try something different.  I had a stashed container of dollar store glow sticks from God knows when, so I broke that baby open and started activating the sticks....... um, maybe not?  Out of the ten glow sticks in there, like three of them worked!  So mad!  Note to self: use up dollar store glow sticks quickly!  It's a good thing I recently bought a couple of larger glow sticks for a different project.  It didn't matter at that point, Little Guy's bad mood needed some serious shifting, so I started activating! I am SO glad I did this!  We filled up the bath tub, Little Guy got in, I turned off the lights and The Hubs threw in the glow sticks.  It was seriously pretty cool!  Little Guy immediately got happy!  He asked if we could do it every night.  Well, no, then we'd probably go broke.  I'm guessing the stock exchange for glow sticks isn't very high... : )
The Big Glow Sticks
Glow Cup
So there you have it.  Bad mood got you down?  Take a glow bath!  It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment