Friday, July 6, 2012

So Long, Farewell....... Gooooodbyyyyyyeee!

Tallulah Falls, GA
Our last day in the mountains wasn't spent doing anything special, but it was memorable!  We started our day at Nutmeg Bakery, which opened up last summer.  This place has grown so much in the last year, and they now have a restaurant attached to the bakery.  Little Guy had french toast.  He wasn't even half way through his meal when he screamed out in pain that his teeth hurt.  I assumed he bit his cheek or something and just didn't have the right words to describe what happened.  So I amused him and looked in his mouth and lo and behold, he had a loose tooth!  His first!  I was soooo not ready for that!  I thought it would at least be after he turned six!
We have a wiggler!
Little Guy of course didn't want to finish his breakfast.  For some reason it hurt to do so.  I don't think it hurt so much as it just felt funny and unnatural to him.  We wore my grandparent's out the two days prior, so Little Guy and I did a little last minute souvenir shopping at a place they used to take me as a kid.  Maggie Valley Market Square looks the same as it ever did.  Some of the shops are still the same, of course there are new tenants in others.  It was too early in the day for ice cream, so we opted for the Jelly Belly store and picked out a small bag full to eat on our long drive home (we still have most of that bag, but that's another story for later in this post).
saying goodbye
He's looking at the camera!
I decided to take things slow on our journey home and not do it all in one day.  Little Guy and I made our usual pitstop in Tallulah Falls, GA and did some hiking near the falls.  We didn't hike all the way down to the gorge because I still had quite a bit of driving to do, and I don't think Little Guy would have made it down all those stairs.  We did however, have some spectacular views from the trails we did hike:
Tallulah Falls
We were really high up!!
From there we kept driving and finally stopped at our half way point in southern GA.  We had a nice dinner and went back to our room to chill and sleep.  Little Guy woke up around 12:30am screaming that he was going to throw up...... and throw up he did.  Twice.  All over the hotel floor.  Then the diarrhea started...  I finally got that mess cleaned up and got him settled back in bed and was almost asleep, when he started making panicking noises again.  I grabbed our makeshift puke bucket {aka ice bucket} and turned on the light. He was trying to tell me he thought his tooth fell out!  The poor kid almost swallowed his tooth because he didn't know what to do, and I was fumbling with the words and finally blurted out for him to just spit it out in my hand!  What a cluster!!  I was excited but also disappointed because The Hubs missed the whole loose tooth experience.  We did call him and did a little FaceTime so he could see the tooth and resulting hole it left, plus Little Guy's reaction.  That made it a little easier I think.  Little Guy left a note for Tooth Fairy asking her to leave the tooth so Daddy could see it.  She of course allowed it because I'm sure she was just as unprepared as I was for this whole ordeal! ; )
Little Guy's note (name removed) and tiny tooth
checking out his new look
Little Guy with no tooth!
Of course the diarrhea continued the next day all the way home.  It felt like it took FOREVER to get home.  On top of that, we were racing against the clock to beat Tropical Storm Debby.  There was a point when Little Guy needed the potty, but the exit looked a little shady so I didn't stop.  Good thing too because 30 minutes later we heard on the radio that a tornado touched down in that exact area!!  We finally made it home in one piece, but Little Guy was still not feeling 100%.  He finally, a few days later started feeling better, however he missed out on his very first summer camp experience because of it.  O well.  There's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment